Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Benefit of Cuticle Oil

Many of my clients ask about cuticle oil...they've never used it or had anyone put it on them.  I love cuticle oil!  It mosturizes and prevents hangnails.  I recently read in a magazine that just like you condition your hair you need to condition your cuticles.  Well, of course!  Cuticles get dry and cracked just like your hair dries and breaks off...personally, I don't want any of that to happen!  For those of you that aren't quite sure about why we have cuticles or what the cuticle is and its purpose let me tell you!
The Cuticle is the hardened skin at the base and sides of your fingernails.  It forms a seal over the nail and finger protecting any fungus or bacteria from getting in.  Pretty interesting!  


Cuticle Oil absorbs into the skin and helps prevent cracking, which I am sure quite a few of you have had happen if you live in Utah...it's SOOOO dry here!!!  My recommendation is to apply cuticle oil at night before bed so it decreases you having to wash your hands numerous times like if you were to apply it during the day...hands are washed so frequently in the daytime!  You only have to use a small amount of cuticle oil and then massage it into your cuticle and surrounding skin.  My favorite cuticle oil is Solar Oil.  If any of you would like to try out Solar Oil, let me know and I will get it for you!  If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment! 


See where the oil has been applied above the cuticle...and a very small amount?  That's all you need!  Then just massage into the cuticle!  It's very simple and why not do it to help your cuticles? 

No comments:

Post a Comment