Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Worst Salon Experience Ever!!! And a friendly competition...

Before I was educated on where to go to get my nails done (when I was in my late teens/early twenties) I used to go to the "Chop Shops" that I've referred to before.  I had them put on a full set,  which was done quickly and poorly.  Well, it had been a few weeks and I decided to go get a regular fill from the same place.  I walked in and took my number...like Beetlejuice in the Afterlife (I love 80's movies, so I may refer to them often) I waited and waited...and waited.  Finally, it was my turn to get my nails done.  I sat down and the lady said , "Your nails are lifting, you need a new set." Well, before I knew what was even happening she was ripping my nails OFF!!!  I asked franticly why she was tearing them off.  She replied because they are lifting.  I then asked her, "Do you take checks?"  She responded with, "No!"  Now I was in a bind because she was tearing off my nails and all I had was enough cash for a fill and a tip...not a NEW full set and a tip!  So, I proceeded to tell her I didn't have enough money for a full set and since she had pulled some of my nails off without asking me if it was okay if she was going to just eat the extra money that I owed...since I didn't ask for a new set...all I wanted was a fill!  She told me no and said to go get more cash.  I politely said no, I won't be back.  I went to another salon right after I left there and had that woman take the rest off and put on a new set. 


I was so upset!  I couldn't get over the other first lady just tearing my nails off without asking me. 


I am of course over that now and I have learned just because your nails are lifting doesn't mean you can't get a fill or even a backfill.  You don't have to take off your nails everytime you want a new acrylic color. 


I want to hear about your salon horror stories!!!  The best one will recieve a FREE set of nails...I will choose the winner on February 16th.

1 comment:

  1. The winner of this set of acrylics is Autum...thanks for your story!!!

    The second time I ever got fake nails, I decided to find the cheapest place in town, as I was naive enough to think that my practices of bargain hinting would be a good technique to apply to nail services as well.
    I found some seedy little place in the middle of a strip mall on the far side of town that offered something like $15 for a set.
    I was seen by some fat Asian man, who spoke little English, it was sorta intimidating, still being unfamiliar with the process and not knowing that it shouldn't HURT when you're getting your nails done. He pushed my cuticles back with his seemingly inch long pinky nail... Like the kind u see coke dealers have! (ewww) He didn't do it with any care and even made one of my fingers bleed by jabbing it in too far.
    I sat there, silent the whole while, as I didn't think complaining would do much good if the person couldn't understand me. He didn't even apologize for hurting me and continued in a rather gruff manner.
    I was very relieved when I was through, and went to pay. The man who rang me up was at least able to speak English enough to try hitting on me and making me feel uncomfortable. I didn't tip, which was my vengeance for the blood :P
    Since then I'm not sure if I've ever seen a guy, let alone two, working at any shops, though in comparison, they sure make the girls (u think are talking gossip about u that u can't understand) not seem bad at all.
    The end ;)

    ReplyDelete