Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome! Never go into a Chop Shop!

Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog...please be patient as I try to learn how to do this.
A little about me...well, I grew up in Salt Lake City and have lived here my entire life.  I always thought after high school I would end up in college with a degree in American Sign Language Interpreting...tried it out but it wasn't for me.  So, I was just living life but not really going anywhere with anything.  I had been thinking for a long time about learning how to do nails because I loved painting nails growing up and going with my mom to the nail salon when she would get hers done.  I thought it looked like so much fun!  After a few years of just floating through life I decided to check into Nail School (I thought you had to go through the entire Cosmetoloy course) nope!  I found a great school, signed up and attended everyday!  After graduating and taking all of the required state tests I worked in a salon for about a year.  What a great learning experience that was for me!  I have come to learn that I love working from home for myself...I like being in charge of my schedule! 


I really want to educate young girls about the importance of the salons they decide to go to.  There are many things to factor into going into a salon.  Please be aware of the illegal products that are out there. 


The first product is called MMA, which after prolonged use can eat your nail beds...YIKES!  The salons that use it will usually have it in an unmarked bottle and it is a liquid, similar to Monomer but has a fruity smell to it.  The salons that use MMA are in for the money and not the quality of your nails.  I can't tell you how many clients I've had that call me and say how they just went to some nail salon and their nails look horrible...those places don't care about your nails they just want the green!!!  My friends and I like to call these types of salons, "Chop Shops."  If the Nail Techs are wearing a mask and don't offer one to you...do you think that that is a safe product to be inhaling?  I mean, all they are doing are fullsets and not backfills, right?  hmmm....so, just think before going into some salons. 


Thanks for reading this blog...stay tuned for more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment